Saturday, February 17, 2007

3 lessons learned

Today I learned 3 new things.


1. When I shoot Mason and Abby... I like SS 80 or 100 MUCH better than 60. For some reason I would always use 60 and then choose an Ap for correct exposure. Today I use the Tv mode and SS100... I learned so much, and I got better exposures (since I was cheating)


2. I love the High Pass Filter in CS2. For some reason the defog and sharpen just don't work as well, and the eyes get so much more depth after running the high pass filter.I'm still begging Mason for pictures, but the sun is going down so I don't see it happening today. :(


3. I get too close in camera. Then when I go to crop I don't have enough picture on the side or on the top and I end up with some strange crop. I have to stand back... I had to get used to move closer and now I have to move back again. Is there a happy medium? :)


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Davis said...

oh yeah Melissa, I try and not go under ss125 when I shoot kids! 80 or even 100 seem low. Try going just a tad faster, you'll notice you can get better focus!

I love those pictures!

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home